The Hamilton Beach digital coffee maker has been tested along with hundreds of other coffee makers to give you unbiased advice on which coffee maker is best for you and your needs.
There are so many options that making a decision can be difficult and the time consuming research required to fully understand each machine.
There is a risk that you will end up with a machine that does not really fit your lifestyle. That is why we have taken the time for you and investigated for you.
Now all you need to do is read our review to get a more complete picture of this machine and:
Features of the Hamilton Beach Digital Coffee Maker
“Hamilton Beach 12 cup coffee makers make consistently fresh, flavourful coffee – whether you’re brewing a few cups or serving a large group. Attractive, functional and easy to clean, Hamilton Beach 12 cup coffee makers help you serve great coffee and look great on your countertop.”
The following are some of the features of this model:
- Easy fill –This design on this model makes it easy to fill it with coffee and water. The brewing basket opens with a push of the release button and the machine is on wheels for quick and easy access to the water tank.
- Adjustable brewing settings –Choose from normal for a medium strength coffee, fat for a stronger coffee taste, and a small cup of one to four cups if you don’t go beyond twelve cups.
- Programmable clock: The clock can be programmed to have the machine turn off automatically after two hours.This way you do not run the risk of switching off the machine and you save money and energy. Coffee left on a hot plate for more than two hours would not be a good idea anyway, it would be overbrewed to the point of being undrinkable. The hot plate is non-stick.
- There are also three temperature options for the prep plate:This is great if you won’t be keeping it there for long as you can choose a lower heat setting and avoid the burnt taste you can get from overheating your coffee.
- Pause and serve options:You can pause the brewing at any time to have a cup of coffee before the jug is full. Ideal if you want to have a quick cup of coffee in the morning while your morning coffee is still brewing.
You will receive the following with your purchase:
- A Hamilton Beach machine
- A glass jug
- A user guide
- A standard 12 month warranty
Following are some optional extras:
- Hamilton Beach permanent gold tone filter:
This is a reusable filter that you can buy for under $6 and is used in place of filter paper.
While it has a slight drawback that you have to wash it between uses, it will save you money on paper. If you’d rather wash a filter than spend extra money, this is for you!
It is a very simple process to use the machine:
- Use the knob to pull out the coffee filter and fill it with the desired amount of coffee.
- Fill the water tank to the desired level.
- Choose from regular, fat or small beer
It takes about twelve minutes for the machine to make a twelve-cup pot.
- It’s pretty cheap, it usually sells for about $50
- The option to buy a reusable filter makes it great value for money.
- It is simple and easy to use.
- Front coffee filter is a great feature that makes filling easy
- Coffee tastes good
- It is much louder than some other models, especially towards the end of the brewing process.
- It’s much more damp than other models, which means you’ll have to pull it forward when placing it under cabinets so as not to damage them.
Top Tips for Getting the Most Out of your Machine
Here are some important tips to make sure you get the most out of this machine if you decide to buy it:
- Use only as directed by the manufacturer
- Make sure the machine is cleaned regularly and thoroughly
- Make sure the machine is descaled regularly
- Remember to pull it forward when in use
- Use good quality coffee
- Use freshly ground coffee
- Use filtered water for the best coffee taste and reduce the need to descale the machine.
- Be sure to read the user manual section on filter basket overflows; this can be a problem if you are not sure you are filling the basket correctly.
Best Suited for..
This machine is perfect for anyone who wants the convenience of a digital machine on a low budget.
It’s a good option for anyone who wants a stronger coffee, as the bold option actually has a stronger flavor than the regular option.
Not suited for..
This machine isn’t ideal for anyone who likes to wake up to a freshly brewed pot of coffee as there are no options to pre-set a pot.
It’s also not good for someone who has quite narrow kitchen countertops with wall cabinets due to excess steam.
What’s the Bottom Line?
All in all, this H amilton Beach 46205 12-Cup Coffeemaker is a sturdy little machine that makes good coffee with little effort.
It had plenty of options to customize your coffee without spending hours figuring out how to use the features and experimenting with the settings.